I have really enjoyed some of the discussion on the Json.NET CodePlex forum recently. Lots of people have posed interesting scenarios and it has been fun coming up with solutions that makes Json.NET a better tool for everyone.
With practically every request these days being something around serialization I have set a goal: make Json.NET the best serializer for .NET
See that underline? That just happened. No pressure, no diamonds folks.
I think the JsonSerializer is most of the way there already but I know there are places where it could do better.
What I’m most interested in are:
- What it is missing compared the old XmlSerializer and new DataContractSerializer (FYI I just added tracking object references)
- What common scenarios it handles poorly
- What popular frameworks it has trouble with
- Anything that is already there but you think is stupid and dumb
- General ideas or suggestions
- Useful JsonConverters you might have written that would be worth including for everyone
Most ideas come from you guys (I have no imagination) and all feedback is welcome.